Nailnail (nāl),USA pronunciation n.
- a slender, typically rod-shaped rigid piece of metal, usually in any of numerous standard lengths from a fraction of an inch to several inches and having one end pointed and the other enlarged and flattened, for hammering into or through wood, other building materials, etc., as used in building, in fastening, or in holding separate pieces together.
- a thin, horny plate, consisting of modified epidermis, growing on the upper side of the end of a finger or toe.
- a former measure of length for cloth, equal to 2¼ in. (6.4 cm).
- hit the nail on the head, to say or do exactly the right thing;
be accurate or correct: Your analysis really hit the nail on the head.
- on the nail, [Informal.]
- of present interest;
- without delay;
on the spot;
at once: He was offered a job on the nail.
- nail in someone's or something's coffin, something that hastens the demise or failure of a person or thing: Every moment's delay is another nail in his coffin.
- to fasten with a nail or nails: to nail the cover on a box.
- to enclose or confine (something) by nailing (often fol. by up): to nail up oranges in a crate.
- to make fast or keep firmly in one place or position: Surprise nailed him to the spot.
- to accomplish perfectly: the only gymnast to nail the dismount.
- to secure by prompt action;
catch or seize: The police nailed him with the goods.
- to catch (a person) in some difficulty, lie, etc.
- to detect and expose (a lie, scandal, etc.).
- Slang. to hit (a person): He nailed him on the chin with an uppercut in the first round.
- to focus intently on an object or subject: She kept her eyes nailed on the suspicious customer.
- Obs. to stud with or as if with nails.
- nail down, to make final;
settle once and for all: Signing the contract will nail down our agreement.
Polishpol•ish (pol′ish),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to make smooth and glossy, esp. by rubbing or friction: to polish a brass doorknob.
- to render finished, refined, or elegant: His speech needs polishing.
- to become smooth and glossy through polishing: a flooring that polishes easily.
- [Archaic.]to become refined or elegant.
- polish off, [Informal.]
- to finish or dispose of quickly: They polished off a gallon of ice cream between them.
- to subdue or get rid of someone: The fighter polished off his opponent in the first round.
- polish up, to improve;
refine: She took lessons to polish up her speech.
- a substance used to give smoothness or gloss: shoe polish.
- the act of polishing.
- state of being polished.
- smoothness and gloss of surface.
- superiority of manner or execution;
elegance: the polish of a professional singer.
Displaydis•play (di splā′),USA pronunciation v.t.
- to show or exhibit;
make visible: to display a sign.
- to reveal;
betray: to display fear.
- to unfold;
spread out: to display a sail.
- to show ostentatiously;
- to give special prominence to (words, captions, etc.) by choice, size, and arrangement of type.
- to output (data) on a CRT or other screen.
- (of animals) to engage in a stereotyped behavior that conveys information to individuals of the same or another species.
- an act or instance of displaying;
exhibition: a display of courage.
- an ostentatious show: a vulgar display of wealth.
- the giving of prominence to particular words, sentences, etc., by the choice, size, and arrangement of types and position, as in an advertisement, headline, or news story.
- printed matter thus displayed.
- an arrangement, as of merchandise, art objects, or flowers, designed to please the eye, attract buyers, etc.
- the visual representation of the output of an electronic device, as the screen of a cathode ray tube.
- a pattern of behavior, as posturing, calling, or exposing a color patch, that conveys information to individuals of the same or another species: a threat display.
- an instance of such behavior.
Wallwall (wôl),USA pronunciation n.
- any of various permanent upright constructions having a length much greater than the thickness and presenting a continuous surface except where pierced by doors, windows, etc.: used for shelter, protection, or privacy, or to subdivide interior space, to support floors, roofs, or the like, to retain earth, to fence in an area, etc.
- Usually, walls. a rampart raised for defensive purposes.
- an immaterial or intangible barrier, obstruction, etc., suggesting a wall: a wall of prejudice.
- a wall-like, enclosing part, thing, mass, etc.: a wall of fire; a wall of troops.
- an embankment to prevent flooding, as a levee or sea wall.
- the Wall. See Berlin Wall.
- the outermost film or layer of structural material protecting, surrounding, and defining the physical limits of an object: the wall of a blood cell.
- the side of a level or drift.
- the overhanging or underlying side of a vein;
a hanging wall or footwall.
- climb the walls or climb walls, to become tense or frantic: climbing the walls with boredom.
- drive or push to the wall, to force into a desperate situation;
humiliate or ruin completely: Not content with merely winning the match, they used every opportunity to push the inferior team to the wall.
- go over the wall, to break out of prison: Roadblocks have been set up in an effort to capture several convicts who went over the wall.
- go to the wall:
- to be defeated in a conflict or competition;
- to fail in business, esp. to become bankrupt.
- to be put aside or forgotten.
- to take an extreme and determined position or measure: I'd go to the wall to stop him from resigning.
- hit the wall, (of long-distance runners) to reach a point in a race, usually after 20 miles, when the body's fuels are virtually depleted and willpower becomes crucial to be able to finish.
- off the wall:
- beyond the realm of acceptability or reasonableness: The figure you quoted for doing the work is off the wall.
- markedly out of the ordinary;
bizarre: Some of the clothes in the fashion show were too off the wall for the average customer.
- up against the wall:
- placed against a wall to be executed by a firing squad.
- in a crucial or critical position, esp. one in which defeat or failure seems imminent: Unless sales improve next month, the company will be up against the wall.
- up the wall, into an acutely frantic, frustrated, or irritated state: The constant tension in the office is driving everyone up the wall.
- of or pertaining to a wall: wall space.
- growing against or on a wall: wall plants; wall cress.
- situated, placed, or installed in or on a wall: wall oven; a wall safe.
- to enclose, shut off, divide, protect, border, etc., with or as if with a wall (often fol. by in or off): to wall the yard; to wall in the play area; He is walled in by lack of opportunity.
- to seal or fill (a doorway or other opening) with a wall: to wall an unused entrance.
- to seal or entomb (something or someone) within a wall (usually fol. by up): The workmen had walled up the cat quite by mistake.
Rackrack1 (rak),USA pronunciation n.
- a framework of bars, wires, or pegs on which articles are arranged or deposited: a clothes rack; a luggage rack.
- a fixture containing several tiered shelves, often affixed to a wall: a book rack; a spice rack.
- a spreading framework set on a wagon for carrying hay, straw, or the like, in large loads.
- a wooden frame of triangular shape within which the balls are arranged before play.
- the balls so arranged: He took aim at the rack.
- a bar, with teeth on one of its sides, adapted to engage with the teeth of a pinion(rack and pinion) or the like, as for converting circular into rectilinear motion or vice versa.
- a bar having a series of notches engaging with a pawl or the like.
- a former instrument of torture consisting of a framework on which a victim was tied, often spread-eagled, by the wrists and ankles, to be slowly stretched by spreading the parts of the framework.
- a cause or state of intense suffering of body or mind.
- violent strain.
- a pair of antlers.
- [Slang.]a bed, cot, or bunk: I spent all afternoon in the rack.
- to torture;
torment: His body was racked with pain.
- to strain in mental effort: to rack one's brains.
- to strain by physical force or violence.
- to strain beyond what is normal or usual.
- to stretch the body of (a person) in torture by means of a rack.
- to seize (two ropes) together side by side.
- rack out, [Slang.]to go to bed;
go to sleep: I racked out all afternoon.
- rack up:
- [Pool.]to put (the balls) in a rack.
- [Informal.]to tally, accumulate, or amass as an achievement or score: The corporation racked up the greatest profits in its history.
Howdy , this image is about Nail Polish Display Wall Rack (superior Homemade Nail Polish Rack #1). This post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 684 x 912. This attachment's file size is just 101 KB. If You want to download It to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You could too download more images by clicking the picture below or see more at this article: Homemade Nail Polish Rack.
Few could concur that there's something known as Homemade Nail Polish Rack. Every human eye is educated to get surfaces that are usual in any toilet irrespective of how great the look is.
What type of Nail Polish Display Wall Rack (superior Homemade Nail Polish Rack #1) can be obtained nowadays? There are numerous unrestricted tips in regards to decorating walls. Decorating the surfaces of this type can be achieved just by painting using a special style that will create the area look larger than it truly is.
The walls generally of well maintained bathrooms are occasionally obscured with wonderful hardwood ornaments as much as the limit or generally in basic terms. In developing a good expertise, this with all the appropriate mixture of bathroom ceiling lamps can help.
With all the usage of mirrors becoming more and more popular, decorating ideas are increasingly essential, today. The more mirrors about the wall, the higher the appearance and feel of the bathroom that provides a richer picture of the small space.